Extend your light-sensing spectrum with this analog UV sensor module. It uses a UV photodiode, which can detect the 240-370nm range of light (which covers UVB and most of UVA spectrum). The signal level from the photodiode is very small, in the nano-ampere level, so we tossed on an opamp to amplify the signal to a more manageable volt-level.
The UV Sensor is used for detecting the intensity of incident ultraviolet(UV) radiation like UV radation in sunlight. This form of electromagnetic radiation has shorter wavelengths than visible radiation. This module is based on the sensor GUVA-S12SD and SGM8521 Opamp, which has a wide spectral range of 200nm-370nm. The module outputs calibrated analog output voltage which varies with the UV intensity.
To use, power the sensor and op-amp by connecting V+ to 2.7-5.5VDC and GND to power ground. Then read the analog signal from the OUT pin. The output voltage is: Vo = 4.3 * Diode-Current-in-uA. So if the photocurrent is 1uA (9 mW/cm^2), the output voltage is 4.3V. You can also convert the voltage to UV Index by dividing the output voltage by 0.1V. So if the output voltage is 0.5V, the UV Index is about 5.
- Plants growing environmental affects of Sunlight
- UV-A Lamp Monitoring
- UV Index Monitoring
- DIY UV electronic project
- Sunburn Alarm
- Designed for high reliability and accuracy of measuring the UV index (UVI)
- Suitable for measuring the total amount of ultraviolet sunlight intensity or other light radation source.
- Output Suitable to match World Health Organization classification standard UV Index
- UV detection wavelength: 200-370nm;
- Fast response, full interchangeability;
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V to 5V
- Output Voltage: 0V to 1V (0-10 UV Index)
- Response time: 0.5 Second
- Accuracy: +/- 1 UV Index
- Radation Wavelength: 200-370nm
- Operating Temperature: -20 degC to +85 degC
- Current Consumption: 5mA
- Dimensions: 20x15mm
|OUT||Analog Output from 0 to 1V(1000mV)|
|VCC||+3.3V to 5V Regulated Power Input|
|GND||Common Power Ground|